- Students must be currently enrolled in a CHED-accredited school.
- Each group can have a maximum of five (5) members. All group members need to come from the same school.
- Each member is encouraged to sign up on Freelancer.com.
- Groups looking to join the competition will have to submit via the Sign Up form:
- A brief write up providing the profile of the team members including Github (or similar) references showing capability through past projects;
- A short 2-minute video, uploaded on YouTube, outlining their hackathon pitch in line with the event theme.
- A maximum of 10 teams will be selected by the organizing committee, consisting of Freelancer.com senior engineers and staff, to compete in the event; 2 alternate teams will also be identified in case some of the selected teams decide to pull out of the event
- Deadline for submission of entries will be on January 20, 2018.
- Selected and alternate teams will be notified via email on January 25, 2018.
- The Hackathon will run from Feb 2, 10AM to Feb 3, 6PM, at the Freelancer Office in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
- Teams must present a working demo of their completed project or prototype in a 3-minute segment, followed by 2 minutes of Q&A during the judging phase of the hackathon. The judging phase will commence on February 3 at 4pm.
- The judges will have approximately one hour to decide on the winners. The judges may reserve the right to ask for further demos and clarifications from the participants.
- In case there is a tie, the winners will split the prize money.
- Winners will be announced on Feb 3 at approximately 5:15pm.
- Relevance/Practicality - 30%
- Innovation/Creativity -20%
- Production Readiness - 20%
- Design - 20%
- Presentation - 10%
- 1st Prize - P50,000
- 2nd Prize - P30,000
- 3rd Prize - P20,000
For inquiries, email email@example.com.